Is it soon yet?
Since I'm still patiently waiting for my main man, Clay Aiken, to announce the release date of his new album, and the start of his next tour, last night I took my mom to see a concert by two of our original Canadian Idols - Randy Bachman and Burton Cummings. It was great to see a live show with great musicians and an absolutely fantastic singer, who hasn't lost one bit of his voice over the years. These two guys were the backbone of The Guess Who in the 60s and early 70s. The audience was a mix of young and old (with the majority being older than me!), but they yelled, whisted, clapped and danced the night away anyways.I found this cute fangirly blog, written by a Burton fan living in Saskatoon. How great that she finally got to see her idol perform live. Here's hoping I get to see mine soon, too. Come on, Clay, time to show your hand. I'm starting to spend money on other artists!!! ;-)
Here's an oldie goldie performance of The Guess Who performing their hit American Woman (circa 1970):
And another, more recent, performance of the classic Guess Who song These Eyes:
The guys were recently showcased in an hour-long CBC special (DVD due out Sept 12th). They currently have a collection of remastered songs for sale, The Bachman Cummings Songbook, and, in an interesting marketing decision, they are offering a CD of never-before-heard originals for sale only at the concerts, entitled The Thunderbird Trax. Hmmmm, that could be a great idea.........
Technorati tags:
Clay Aiken
Burton Cummings
Randy Bachman
The Guess Who
Bachman Cummings

1 Comments:
Sounds like you had a lot of fun!
Those are definitely some classic songs, and so much fun to sing along. Too bad my voice isn't like Cummings. *g*
ITA on Clay too -- I miss spending my money on Clay shows!
Post a Comment
<< Home