The train has left the station

I got a very mysterious text message this morning, on my way to work.
"The train is leaving the station."
Whoa. I almost drove off the road. It was obviously code. I often keep in touch with my Clay buddies via text messaging when I am away from the boards, just in case something astronomical hits. I hate being out of the loop.
What could it mean?
Maybe Clay Aiken's Official Fan Club site had been revamped, and when I got to work, I'd log in to see new promotional pictures of that gorgeous man with dark, feathery, soft bangs falling gently over his forehead. Maybe there'd be a voice-over, and Clay himself would talk to meeeeee!
Maybe Team Clay had sent out the long awaited press release, with details about his much anticipated sophomore album? Oh, how sweet would it be to finally circle the release date on my calendar? To know the name of the first single? To hear the titles of some of the tracks? Be still my heart!
Maybe Clay had blogged again? The topic matters not to me, I just love to read his snarky sentences. Maybe he revealed his least favourite vegetable! Or maybe he was telling the story of his behind-the-scenes escapades at the American Idol finale the other night! Or teased us with details of his rumoured appearance at Arnold Schwartzeneger's high profile private party the next night!
Maybe the new Clay Aiken touring schedule had been released! Will it be summer, or fall? Will it cross the entire country? Please, let it come to Canada! Maybe it will be a truly international tour, and touch far off continents as well. Won't those people be in for a shock when they experience the power of the VOX live? I need to hurry and get to work, in case there is going to be a Ticketmaster presale!
My heart pounding, I texted back "What?"
The answer came almost immediately. Trying desperately to drive and read at the same time, I glanced at the screen.
"I'm on the train to Toronto. We're just leaving now. Today is my business trip."
Oh.
Can you tell I have a one track mind? But that's the way it's been since Clay came crashing back into the public consciousness last Wednesday, and stole the show. The BUZZZZZZ is everywhere. Anticipation fills the air. What will he do next? When will it hit?
A wise woman said "Buckle your seat belts. Strap on your oxygen masks."
Bring it, Clay. I'm ready.
*waves to heartsocean*
Technorati tags:
Clay Aiken

4 Comments:
I totally understand what you mean about not wanting to be out of the loop when it comes to Clay news. Has anybody told you that you are hilarious? Well, you are.
Keep up the good work!
BWAH! That was too funny. I can't wait for the day when the train does leave the station...EEE!
Heeee, that's funny!
We went out this weekend, and after driving 1 minute I realized I forgot my phone and I made hubby drive back. He made some joke about how "the President of Clay Nation" had to have her phone! LOL, do all out hubbies think we are President? Ok, yeah, I get a lot of Clay-related phone calls ;-)
Hee... You're so funny!! You totally had me!
Post a Comment
<< Home